Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 06, 2006

Wrapping Paper and Moving Trucks

Another weekend has come and gone. We had a great weekend, spending lots of time together and getting a lot accomplished.

Friday we went and checked out a couple of malls in O that we hadn't been to yet. We both agreed that the 2 we usually go to and are closest to us are the best. (Lucky us!) I didn't get any more Christmas shopping done on Friday (other than a stocking stuffer for N). I'm stumped on what to get the people that I still need to shop for. I was able to get both B and Tori partially shopped for on Thursday though. Is it too early to get a tree and put it up????

Saturday, of course, completely revolved around football again. B's parents gave us their tickets for the Nebraska/Mizzou game. I had sort of been dreading going to a game in November. I've been in November before and it can be completely miserable cold. Luckily though it was in the 60s and sunny. The crowd was really into the game which made being there a lot of fun. We had a man sitting behind us that talked on his cell phone the entire time and kept commenting (at least 8 times) about how small the stadium appeared compared to Mile Hile in Denver. Shut up and watch the game!!!! Nebraska was able to win the game and we left happy! We also got to watch Arkansas beat South Carolina when we got home. It's so good to see Arkansas doing so well. Can't wait for next weekend when they get to trample Tennesee on ESPN2 and College Game Day is broadcasting for Fayetteville.

We both taught Sunday School and went to church on Sunday morning. After that, it was a day spent getting caught up around the house. We finished making applesauce, got the laundry done, grilled (it was another gorgeous day), and picked up around the house. I got to talk to my parents which is always great. (Thanks for calling!)

The most (possibly) exciting part of the weekend was the other phone call I got on Sunday night. I have been friends with Corrie since the summer before 5th grade, and we've stayed close no matter the number of miles between us. One of the best times for me was getting to live in St. Louis at the same time she did for 10 months while B and Eric were in seminary at the same time. We never thought we would end up in the same state or town again after high school. Anyways, back to the call. She called and asked me what the housing market was like in O. HUH?!?!?! Eric got a telephone call from a church in the area that is considering him as they look to call a new pastor. This was just first contact, and we have no idea where this will lead. Obviously I would love to have it lead into the call commitee at this church extending him an official call. It would be a far better answer than I could have ever dreamed to my prayer for a close friend here in O. Somehow I have to contain my excitement and pray that God's will be revealed to the church, call commitee, and the Hs. Please pray for all parties involved in this. (Also pray that I would not get to set on the idea of having the Hs here before anything really even happens.)

Alright, that's enough of a novel for now. I've got a house that needs cleaning, and N's not offering to get it done.

No comments: