Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Innocent Conversation??? You decide.

A seemingly innocent Thanksgiving holiday conversation is wrecking havoc in my life.

My dad: "I can't believe N just sits there and plays without moving."
Myself: "It nice. I can sit him on a blanket with toys and go get something done without worrying about him. He is still sitting there in the exact same place when I come back. It's wonderful."

Later:
My dad: "I just can't believe how he just sits there!"
My mom: "Here, I'll show him how to get out of the sitting position." (picture her showing him)

Seems innocent. How much can the little guy pick up from being helped a time or two.

Apparently a ton!!!!!!!! He doesn't stay in one place for 2 minutes now. I sit him up on a blanket and in no time at all he's down and rolling across the floor. It's begun! He's into everything now! He loves to roll towards the Christmas tree and play with anything he can get his hands one. I'm a little worried that he could pull it over on himself. I have to watch him like a hawk. He's going to be playpen bound very soon!

He's also trying to figure out how to crawl. He's at the point where he gets partway up on his knees and ends up scooting backwards. He's found himself halfway under the couch numerous times. This morning he was up on all 4s and rocking back and forth; that should be the next step before figure out how to move forward. I think I'm right that he'll be crawling by Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get that little guy crawling by Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the grandparents promoted a very developmentally appropriate activity. Hard on the momma though- I understand. Babyproof and get gates. Use the exersaucer for baby lock up when necessary. He is only beginning his adventures.

Gin