Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Lots of pictures again with this post. I'm not quite sure why I didn't just do a slide show. I was about halfway through loading when I realized it would have been easier. Oh well, they're here now. Brad and I took about 150 pictures while at Pooley's. It was half the cost of Vala's (where we went last year), and more appropriate for Nate's age. Here we go . . .
There were a ton of animals at Pooley's. Brad and Nate are checking out the baby chicks here. There were also goats, pigs, sheep, cows, and horses. Nate wasn't too sure about any of the animals. My two animal observations: 1) Pigs are loud!!!! and 2) A sheep's "baa" is very low.
Nate' favorite part of the experience was playing on the tractors. This is common anytime we are around a tractor. He could have spent the entire time up there. We got a ton of cute picture up on the two different ones, but I only put one here. (I'll try to put all 150 pictures on our snapfish site soon.)
Brad and Nate making their way through the mini maze. Again, some terrific pictures were taken here. Check snapfish for them.
Of course, more tractor love! They had a track for the mini tractors and bikes to go around. Nate's legs were a little short for reaching the pedals.
Just a very Andrea-ish picture. I'm continually on the lookout for picture ops like this.
Nate and I picking out the good ones.
Nate was being a stinker in the pumpkins, which he referred to as "ball". He refused to look at Brad and I as we took pictures. He would turn and walk away constantly. Finally, I started to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider". He LOVES the song! He froze, smiled, and was adorably photogenic as long as I continued to sing. In the picture right below, he is doing his attempt at making a spider for the actions. (He also tries to to do "washed the spider out".)



Probably one our favorites. Brad did a great job snapping picture while I sang!
I love it when he's actually willing to hold my hand. He's usually too independent and would rather walk beside me.
I think this is my new favorite picture of my two guys. They were checking out the cows, and Nate was a bit unsure of the loud mooing. They seemed to be angry cows.
Nate just wasn't sure of what to think of all the animals. He would just bury himself against his dad.
Instead of a sandbox they had an old silo with corn in it. There were toys for the kids to play in the corn with. It was at about 11 that night as Brad and I were trying to fall asleep, that I had a frightening thought. That corn would be heaven for mice, snakes, and other critters. I'm afraid to think of what was living in there. I was glad that Nate was not really impressed and didn't want to play long in the corn. Still gives me the creeps to think about it though.
And here is the prize winning pumpkin that came home with us. He's not that big, but we thought he was just right for us.
Saturday morning we headed to Kansas City with 56 7th and 8th graders. We went to the International House of Prayer and to Great Wolf Lodge. I think everyone had a great time, but it was exhausting. Hopefully I can get my hands on some of the pictures of Nate having a blast. He'd live in water if he could.

No comments: