Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2007


N and his super sensitive skin have decided to throw another mystery our way. I have never known a child to have so many skin issues. Yesterday morning he woke up and had a red circle the size of the top of a pencil eraser. I assumed it was a bug bite and no big deal. I looked at it later and saw that it was getting bigger and that there were some other red spots. I started putting hydrocortisone on it. By about 6:30 last night it looked like the top picture. I did more hydrocortisone and put him to bed. This morning it was much worse. (The bottom picture was taken about 15 minutes ago.) I called the doctor's office and after the receptionist made me talk to the nurse, the nurse wanted him to come in. The only problem is that they only have one doctor today and the earliest appointment available was 5:15. He also has some on his wrist, elbow, and possibly above his mouth. I'm thinking it's hives, but I would rather get the doctor's opinion. If it is hives I have no clue what would have triggered it since he hasn't had anything new in the past few days. I plan to print and take the pictures in to show the doctor how it's gotten worse. Say a prayer that's it's not anything serious or contagious.

Update:
As I mentioned on the comments yesterday, Nate's going to be okay. He just managed to get a virus which caused hives. The doctor said that August is the prime time for this type of virus. We've got him on Benadryl. Surprisingly, he woke up this morning and you could hardly see the hives. This must mean he has the virus in which the hives come and go. This is a good thing because if they stayed, it's a more serious virus. Praise God for vanishing hives!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That looks uncomfortable. Poor Nate. Call me after your appointment.

Ginny

akk said...

The doc says that it's hives which were probably caused by a virus.