Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Unmentionables

flannel, wool, thermal: three words which have their appropriate time and place. Three word which probably haven't entered the minds of my southern friends and family yet. Three words which apparently are pretty normal to use in September when you live Arctic region of N. It hasn't been too terrible yet, but thoughts of winter are definitely not ignorable here. With nighttime lows in the lower fortys (that's not to far from the 32 degrees) and winds gusting up to 25 mph or more daily, it can get you feeling pretty chilly out there. So, this week I have put flannel sheets on the bed, worn wool socks and sweaters, and pulled out the cozy thermals! I've been tempted to try out our heater, but you can't turn on the heat in September! What's a southern weather loving girl to do? It's tragically sad to think that N could grow up thinking this type of thing is normal!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann said...

Helloooo Andrea! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I'm so jealous of the uber-cool weather. The 40s sounds awesome. I think it's partly because I love sweaters so much. Bring it on, I say!
What a cutie you've got there, by the way.

Lindsay said...

I am also super jealous! I want that weather! I have always loved cooler weather, but since I have gotten pregnant, I cannot get cool enough. Trade places?