Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 10, 2006

meaningful people

Happy Grandparents Day!
Today is one of those unbelievably special days that can often slip right by unnoticed. We all know how grandchildren put a huge smile on grandparents' faces, but do they realize that they do the same for us. Seeing my grandparents usually only happens once or twice a year, but that only makes it more important. So, today we take a moment to let grandparents know just how special they are.
Grammy Ki's house was always a fun place to go. There's a lot more room to run around there. Turning over the prickly mat in the hallway (before it got taken away) led to many giggles. It still gets put up every time I'm there. Hmmm . . . I never got to meet my Grandpa B, but I've thought often of what kind of man he must have been. Whenever asked about what I look forward to most about heaven I give the same reponse. First, I want to meet my Savior and then I want a whole bunch of Grandpa B time. Can't wait to meet him! - A

What laughs we got listening to Grandma Ko tell Grandpa to go brush his hair! "I already did Deary," was often the loving response of Grandpa. Gin and I use to sit with Grandma and play beauty shop. She'd have gorgeous hair and nails by the time we were done. Grandma and Grandpa always came each year at Halloween as a kid. It was a blessing to watch my Grandpa meet my son a couple of months ago. Can't wait to hear Grandma's opinion of him in heaven some day - God only knows what'll come out of her mouth! :) - A

I was fortunate to spend quality time with my grandparents growing up. Grandma was good at letting me get away with things (and always having excess frosted oatmeal cookies sitting around the house). Her heart was always on the left coast, so she now resides in Seattle near her two youngest grandsons. Grandpa and I spent countless fall Saturdays in routine: he would take me to Lincoln for the Husker football games. Greatest seats in the house, and we'd always drive back to Humboldt listening to the locker room show before Prairie Home Companion came on. Great, great memories. -B

One of the most enjoyable things I ever get to do is tell people about Grandpa/ma Knorr. I've never been more proud or in-awe of anyone else. Married now for 62 years, they have always been my standard for quality of character. Their love for Christ, respect for the church, hope in eternity, and success as parents speak for themselves. Growing up, we'd get to see G-pa/ma quite often. Being back in the Motherland, we are blessed to live 1 1/2 hours away now. I can't wait for Nate to be impacted by them as much as I have been. And Grandpa, you have no idea how much A loves those hugs! - B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got home from vacation and decided to check out what was going on - what a surprise to see this! Even though I'm having a hard time controlling my tears I think this post is beautiful!