Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Susie Homemaker

When I went to get my N driver's liscense, I had to fill out paperwork that asked what my occupation is. It was odd to not put teacher but homemaker instead. Since then I have been hard at work filling my new roll as homemaker/housewife/stay-at-home-mom. I thought, what better way to jump into my new role with both feet than pull out the old sewing machine and whip out some curtains for N's room. That's exactly what Susie Homemaker would do, right? It wasn't much, but it did take several hours (Susie is experienced and would have had them done in 30 minutes) and multiple calls home to Mom. (Thanks again Mom!) In the end I felt pretty good about the results. They were an inch or two shorter than I would have liked, but I learned a lot. If I've master window treatments, what's next in the homemaker's list of accomplishments? I guess that as I contemplate my next move, I will just keep cleaning the house and cooking dinner.

No comments: