Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 17, 2006

Progress: furniture, sod, a tree

After several attempts and B patiently "loving" them all, I finally am happy with the way the furniture is situated in the living room. N even has his own furniture in the room. He got a swing the other day, and he seems to love it. He loves anything with a toy dangling above his head, so this was a sure fire winner. (And it's a baby toy that plugs in rather than requires batteries! Hard to find!)

B came in the bedroom after his run this morning (I was still sleeping) and asked me what kind of tree I wanted. The tree planters came today and planted our front yard tree. It's a maple just like I love. Unfortunately we have to buy and plant the rest of the trees - trees aren't cheap! Notice the lovely green grass that surrounds the tree. :)
Here's a question for you to answer: What temp do you keep your air conditioning at? B and I are at odds over what the "normal" temp is for a house. Ours is currently set at 75. I'd love to bump it up a couple degrees, but B would love to set it lower so he won't sweat all the time. I'm just curious what other people consider "the perfect temp".

It's been a normal Monday. I did some cleaning, made and few phone calls, and still need to wash dishes and iron. I'm trying to keep my distance from N since I think I am coming down with a cold of some sort. He's not quite understanding my reasoning on this, but mother knows best, right? I'm trying to get a couple of the other rooms in the house picture worthy. Once they're there, I'll post what the rest of our house looks like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MLGW suggests setting the thermostat at 78 degrees in the summer and 68 in the winter.

akk said...

what's MLGW?

Anonymous said...

Your house and yard look great. We keep our AC around 75, although it cannot keep up in the afternoon these days. A programmable thermostat is a good investment. As long as you are not sneezing or coughing on Nate he will be fine having contact with you. Just wash your hands a lot. Love ya- Ginny

Lindsay said...

We keep ours at 78 but we keep the fans on too. By the way - I like how the furniture is arranged. It looks good. Yard looks great too. I want a tree :)

Anonymous said...

No higher than 72 degrees, please. That's why they call it "room temperature".