Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

from "uh" to "oh"

It is truly amazing to both Brad and I just how much our Nate has grown up in recent months. Just today in all of his constant talking, I noticed he now is saying "uh-oh" instead of "uh-uh". It may sound small, but I always loved the way he use to say it. Just another indicator that he's growing and learning every day.

With all of this growing up, we, fine, I have made the decision that it's time for the pacifier to go. Brad would happily let him walk to kindergarten with it, but I don't quite feel the same way. I'm sick of carting it around all over the place and dreading what might happen when it's forgotten. Just yesterday I had to pull over on the side of the road because his diaper bag which had his pacifier was in the trunk. Arghhhh! Starting tomorrow the process begins. The tricky part is that he likes to have not just the one in his mouth, he also likes one in each hand, kind of like a security blanket. I'm going to go about it by snipping the tip off which I've known several people to do, including Nate's pediatrician who has twins which are a couple months older than Nate. I think I'll attempt it at naptime tomorrow and see what happens. I am really dreading it. The car will be the worst though since he won't sit in his carseat quietly without it. Help! Someone please . . . I need help!

Notice not only the three pacifiers but also the lovely bedhead! :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

How could you take away the pacifers from such a little cutie pie?? LOL

Maybe try and and limit them to only sleep and nap times at first. Say these are only for when you are in your bed. Good luck, it's not an easy task!