Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 26, 2007

From Trash to Treasure

Two problems. Hopefully some solutions are out there.


Problem 1 is the trash. Maggie, who's always been a really good dog, has suddenly taken an interest in the trash. If we don't lock her up when we leave, there's usually trash on the floor when we return. We started locking her up again, and she's turned into an escape artist. And, then it's up to the trash. What caused this sudden bad behavior? How do we get it so that we can leave her out when we're gone without putting the trash under lock and key?


Problem 2 is the treasure. I noticed today that the center stone in my engagement ring is loose. I have no clue how or why it happened. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Obviously a jeweler is needed, but John Reynolds, who we got it from, is in St. Louis. I don't want to just take it to just anyone. Is it a bad thing to wear it until I get it fixed? I assume so. Anyone know a reputable jeweler here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do NOT wear the ring until it is fixed. As for the trash, it would probably be easier to put it out of reach when you leave the house. Recently, Valentine started rerular inspections of our trash as well.

Ginny

Anonymous said...

I agree with the trash, just put it on the counter or find a trash can with a heavy lid. Also agree with the ring, do not wear it yet. We've had good luck at Borshiem's. Other than that I don't have any other good jeweler recommendations. And Borshiem's is in Regency which has lots of fun stores you might have to visit. We'd be up for a trip sometime with you if you'd like. I know you're busy and leaving for the ski trip soon, but maybe when you return (and my sore throat is gone).
Jenni