Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am having one of those days where the clock just isn't moving. I swear it should be almost dinner time; the day feels as if it's been that long. I've been meaning to blog about several different things lately. Here are a few.
  • Fire: Our next door neighbors got a firepit this winter. Friday night they invited us over to enjoy it and the new patio they just put in. It was wonderful. B ran to the store and bought fixing for s'mores. Delish! I want a firepit!
  • Worms: Okay, technically caterpillars. They ate the few plants I successfully grew from seed this spring. So much for saving a few bucks by getting plants the hard way.
  • Veggies: My child has always loved to eat anything you offer him. Lately though, he's refused to eat his veggies. It's turned into quite the battle of the wills between he and I. The winner of the battle varies from day to day.
  • Fur: I love our Mags, but I hate her fur. I told B before we ever got a dog that I didn't care for long-haired dogs. I am so tired of her fur covering everything. I'm at the point that I'd love to shave her bald. (Okay, not really. That's a bit drastic. And she's too pretty.) Right now, I'm thinking our next dog will have very, very, very short hair.
  • Feet: N is spending more and more time on his feet. He'll walk from one thing to another if it's a short distance. His prefered mode of transportation is still crawling or Mom for the time being.
  • Grass: Two things here. One. Our yard is being invaded by weeds. We are continually walking around the yard searching for something else to pull. The crab grass is the worst. Two. N seems to be getting over his fear/utter dislike of grass. Previously he would just cry and scream when put on the grass. Now he will sit there for a minute, and then bear crawl (way too cute) to the closest lap. Once on that lap, he attempts to keep as much of himself as far away from the grass as possible. It's not perfect, but it's progress.

That's all. Carry on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try a hydrosurge bath for Maggie. It's a whirlpool bath that gets all the dead hair out of a dog's coat. It works wonders on Bentley and Valentine. Some vets and groomers have it- you have to specifically ask. Not too expensive.