Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 05, 2007

This hurts

From bumps and bruises to wind and flurries, it's been a crazy couple of days around here.

What child should have a first birthday (can you believe he'll be one in less than a week) without having first had a boo-boo. N had had his share of bonking his head and lost balance. He topped it all this morning. He has gotten rather wiggley on the changing table recently. This morning I had put him on the changing pad and was getting the diaper and wipes ready. I turned my head to look at the window because it was so sunny. The next thing I knew he was on the floor screaming. In the matter of a second or two he had flipped over and off to the floor. No major hurts out of the whole thing. He scared himself pretty bad and has a boo-boo on his cheek from hitting the open drawer on the way down. He decided about an hour later to crawl over to me and flop onto me. Not uncommon, but this time he hit his mouth and busted his upper lip. Poor kid just can't catch a break today.

Winter has decided to get one last laugh here in O. I knew it was going to be cold, but they keep lowering the high for the day. It's currently only 34! Tuesday we had pretty constant winds of around 30mph. It also was flurrying yesterday morning. Hopefully this won't do too much damage to the perennials that had started to come back up.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy upcoming birthday, Nate! You might get to be an Easter boy some years. Sorry about the falls. It's no fun getting a boo-boo. I love hearing about your exciting antics. Tell your mom to keep posting!
Have a happy Easter. He is risen!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the boo-boos today!

jennilynnw said...

Sometimes I feel like I'm spying when I check your blog. I knew Nate's birthday was coming, but couldn't remember the exact date. Now I know. Sorry to hear about Nate's boo-boos. I often change Amara on the floor because she's so wiggly these days. The other night she was standing-holding on to something and fell and got her first bloody nose. You never know what's going to happen with these babies. Hope to see you and warmer weather this week. Jenni