Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ouch!

N has been very busy lately making big messes (thankfully toy messes, not other kinds of messes) for me to clean up. Saturday night he mananged to get his hands on every toy and book in the living room. He was perfecting the art of army crawling and getting quite fast at it. After it all, he was worn out. He actually scooted off my lap and onto B's legs to cuddle with him.

There is a problem with all of this army crawling though. His wrists are bright red with carpet burn. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Yesterday it must have been bothering him because he pretty much refused to army crawl. He would just lie on the floor crying and fussing instead of moving to what he wanted. I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have to help me alleviate the pain for him. I don't know if there's any type of ointment I could put on his wrists that would be safe for a baby, and I have no clue if he would leave bandaids on them. I just feel awful that it hurts him so much. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Nate. That sounds yucky. Put neosprin on to heal up those wrists. Maybe he could wear terry wristbands to protest his little wrists. I don't know if they come tight enough.

Feel better Nate.

Ginny

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Nate sleeping on Brad's leg. This is what the Hair household looked like this past weekend, too, as both Dad and Boy were under the weather and not feeling like doing anything but watch endless NFL playoff action from the easy chair.

(By the way, sorry about the Chiefs a couple weeks ago, Brad.)