Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 22, 2007

I'll stick to my inside toys, thanks

N got to have his first playing in the snow experience yesterday. I don't think that I can truthfully say that he is a lover of snow yet. He smiles a lot when he looks at it through the window (just like his momma), but being in it is a completely different experience.

B's parents had gotten N a blow up sled for Christmas. (The mental picture of N being pulled around on the sled is adorable. The mental picture.)They, along with B, were very excited for him to be able to actually get out in the snow and give it a shot. I was a bit leary of the idea since he's still a baby. I could see that B wasn't going to give up on the idea. Neither N's nor the sled's strength is in the area of stability. In no time at all N was face first in several inches of snow even though we were walking slowly and carefully. You can see from the first picture that B thought this was hilarious. Not exactly what I was thinking though. I wanted to take him back in right then, but I didn't win. B then proceeded to run while pulling the sled. The second time he fell off and began crying hysterically (as B continued to laugh hysterically), I put my foot down. That was enough. No more. N and I went in so I could comfort and warm him. B is already geared up and ready for the next time. It could be next year if I have anything to say about it!




















Do these look like happy faces to you?

5 comments:

akk said...

Brad, you're welcome to give your view of the experience since you saw it having gone a bit differently than I did.

Anonymous said...

I think that if Nate has to go out in the snow, he needs some more gear. It's more fun to stay inside by the fire with hot cocoa anyway.

Ginny

Anonymous said...

I feel manipulated. Let's all hear the True Tales of Nate in the Snow. By Brad Knorr.

It was a bright and sunny day. Nate looked at me and thought, 'Daddy, it's time for me to become a man! Let's go play in the snow!' Of course I couldn't turn him down. When a boy is ready to become a man, well, you just have to let nature take its course.

So we ventured out. It was warm outside - he was adequately clothed. As we were running around, with snow flying in his face, he was screaming with great joy. Screaching with delight! So when he fell out of the caboose, he cried a bit. I think it was one of those 'excitement moments'. The second time it happened, he was crying but was just on the verge of turning it into one of those 'yeahh!!! do it again!' smiles. But momma spoiled it. She was feeling extra motherly and wanted to coddle the kid.

So that's how the story ended this fine, sunny, warm snowy day. And everyone lived the rest of the day happily ever after. The end.

Unknown said...

Dear Daddy,
Thank you SO MUCH for introducing me to SNOW!!!! I Loved it. Sometimes when I cry it is because I can't stand how happy I am and I cry because I am afraid that mommy will make me stop. Don't ever let mommy make me stop playing in the snow. Please daddy? I love it so much. It is white and cold and hilarious! Now I know why you laugh so much!!! SNOW!!! WHEEEE!!! MORE SNOW NOW!!! IN MY FACE PLEASE!!! SNOW!!!

Anyway. I love you so much for face-planting me in snow. I am hoping someday soon you will face-plant me in some yummy mud. I would love that sooooooooooo much.

Daddy is cool.

Daddy loves the Royals.

That's cool too.

I love the Royals and want to play 1B for them some day. Please make me play in the snow some more so I will be a good 1b'man some day.

Thanks, Dad.

Nate.

akk said...

You're too funny Dan. :)