Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Picture Perfect Finish

We're back! Our trip home was much less eventful than trying to get to Little Rock. It was a packed weekend. There were so many family things going on that I didn't ever get around to seeing any friends. (Next time!) I have a million pictures that I would love to put on here, but I'll try to narrow it down.
I got several inches of my hair cut off on Friday! It had been almost 10 months!
We celebrated N's birthday with my family since they won't be here next month for it. Camryn helped him open his gifts since he wasn't too interested.
Not too messy with his cupcake.
Getting a shot of these 2 together and smiling is nearly impossible!
B is battling it out to the very end and wins! He came in 255th out of 2219 in the half marathon with a time of 1:46:17. He was 25th out of 111 men ages 25-29! Go B!
N is filling Tori in on the fine art of eatting a wagon wheel.
Ginny's time was 2:56:52. She did a mix of running and walking along the way.
Mom and her friend and co-worker Brenda made it in 3:05:38. Not too shabby!
I had a great time hanging out with Tori all weekend. We were the official camera crew on marathon day. We even did a bit of running ourselves to get to see the right people in the right place at the right time. We both agree though that there is no 26.2 miles in our future.
Dad as he and the running partner he met along the way crossed the finish line. His time: 4:41:25. We were all so proud of him for running 26.2 miles.
N found the race more exhausting than anyone that day!
Family shot.
Camryn was in charge of passing out silverware packets at dinner. Finally we got to eat a meal that wasn't pasta.
Family shot, again.
So there's the weekend in a nutshell. There were other great things, they just didn't make it onto the camera. I do have 2 video clips from Friday night that I will eventually post.


It's nice to be home, but not back in winter. I miss the spring that had begun in Little Rock. Some of the drifts and plow created piles here from last weeks blizzard are amazing to me. I've never seen snow piled so high. There are also drifts close to waist high on the side of our house. Possible pictures later. We'll see if I get around to it.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see the three of you. Camryn loves Baby Nate. Time to make plans for a summer visit. Love ya.

Ginny

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ginny. Very good visit with you three. Glad that you and I were able to spend so much time together. Hopefully we will be seeing each other sooner rather than later.

Matt said...

the runners all look so "happy" in that last picture....

matt