Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Aftermath

Christmas Eve:
Ready!. . . Set! . . . Tear! Let the opening begin!
Yawn. This unwrapping is a very tiring job. (But someone has to get all these gifts!)
Look! More gifts to unwrap! Maybe Mom will help make this happen a little faster!
Clothes! Yum! I love to chew on these things!
Christmas Day:
Check on some of these great new toys that are so much fun to play with!Is it my turn yet? I want to open this one!
Taking a break in Great-Grandpa S's rocker.

Ahhh, the beautiful sound of quietness. B headed back to work today, N is napping, the dog is outside, and I have a few moments to myself. Things are starting to return to normal around the house after a very busy few days. I'm still working on finding spots for a lot of the new things that we were blessed with, but I'm slowly seeing progress.

Christmas Eve was a day at home for us. We had N work on openning his gifts on and off all day. He's good at tearing the papers, but he's still not too speedy. My parents got to watch N open his presents from them thanks to the webcam. B and I exchanged our gifts after getting home from church and putting N to bed. It's was nice to spend a few minutes together without N crawling all over us or the t.v. on!

On Christmas day, we headed down to B's parents house after B was done preaching. We had a nice, big turkey dinner and opened gifts with them. N refused to nap the entire time there, which led to a very tired boy on the trip home.

Yesterday, we tried to get through some of the mess and made a little bit of progressed. It was nice to just sit down and watch a movie at the end of the day yesterday.

I'm considering a ban on all toys which make noise for N's birthday. He loves everything he got, but I'm already getting worn out with the repetitiveness of some toys. I think the policy might be that you can get him a noisy toy, but he'll only get to play with it at your house since that's where it'll stay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But mom if it doesn't make noise its just not that exciting. Guess Nate will just have to come to his grandma's house to play with some of those old fashion noiseless toys. Dad says he's already talked with u so you know we have arrived. Spent the afternoon letting Will sleep on my lap. Have to get in as much holding time as possible. I love the new pictures of Nate. I will have to get Tori or Dad to print off a couple of them for me. Love Mom

Jen said...

You have such a cute boy! I think he's bigger than Isaac was. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!
Jen

Jen said...

You have such a cute boy! I think hie's bigger than Isaac was.
Jen

Jen said...

I didn't realize I already published one comment. I think it's time for me to go nite-nite.
Jen

Alison said...

What a great first Christmas! That Nate is so cute, I remember my first Christmas as a mom, what a special memory. Cherish it always because they grow up way to fast. Twelve years later and it seems like yesterday for me!

New Year's Blessings to the Knorrs!